Friday, September 17, 2010

STRAND

My biggest staple obsession since arriving in New York is STRAND Bookstore.

Image courtesy of About.com
Located within Union Square, this mecca of book diving at reduced prices is beyond.  Beyond. Just take a look at my goodreads list (like a laundry, baby) and you'll realize just how many pages of goodies I've acquired.  Murakami for $4? Check.  Sartre's The Fall for $5? Check.  Hardcover Deluxe by Dana Thomas (originally $30) for $5.75 (blasphemous, really.)? Check.  And these are just the leaflets that satisfy my cravings.  There are four floors of old books, new books, used books, about American history, science fiction, mystery, romance, classics, architecture - they have everything.  They have everything at Costco prices, people.  COSTCO PRICES.  And there aren't any Costco's in Manhattan.

As if you needed more of a reason to check it out.. HA.

1 comment:

  1. *SIGH* How I miss Strand Bookstore.....this place was for me, THE best place to go to when you are an avid reader with a Uni (say nonexistent) budget. So glad you are taking advantage of it.

    ReplyDelete