Monday, September 20, 2010

Mommy, WOW. I'm a big kid now!

Today I start the first salaried job of my life.  Not only will I have a steady income for the first time complete with strange benefits I don't understand, but I'll have a set daily schedule for the first time in over 4 years.  Granted, my set schedule will differ from most due to my industry and particular position, but a set schedule nonetheless.  And I am not only beyond thrilled to begin, but nervous as hell!

So you vets of the real world - any advice to quell my rookie anxieties?

Aside from the fact that the title of this post is exactly what I'm feeling inside, I'm also feeling overwhelmingly joyed.  I came to New York hoping to break into the luxury fashion industry and in less than 3 months I did exactly that.  So allow me to pat myself on the back for a moment.  Okay, selfish indulgence over.

On to some pretty -

Angelina Jolie's Oscar gown this year, perhaps?



If only I could wear THIS on my first day...


I mean, c'mon.  It doesn't get any better than black and leather.  N'est-ce pas?

1 comment:

  1. I am so incredibly proud of you! I knew you could do it. I see that fierce determination like you know who! THere is nothing standing in your way. The only words of advice I am sure you are a pro at already. Always smile and great everyone, from the CEO to the cleaning lady with respect. You never know when they will be of help to you. If you don't happen to know something always say "Good question, I will look into it right away" and follow through. Never be afraid to ask questions. And most of all have fun. Being optimistic makes the day go by quicker and awards you many people on your side. Enjoy hun! Call me and tell me all about it! <3

    ReplyDelete